1. to put an end to the activities of (a person, body of persons, etc.; to prohibit; ban; restrain.
2. to do away with by or as by authority; abolish; stop (a practice, custom, etc.).
3. to keep in or repress (a feeling, smile, groan, etc.).
4. to withhold from disclosure or publication (truth, evidence, a book, names, etc.).
5. to stop or arrest (a flow, haemorrhage, cough, etc.).
Etymology: from Latin suppressus, “held down”, from supprimere, “to restrain”, from sub- “down” + premere, “to press”.
This video shows how small frogs and other animals use the FrogLog to escape from swimming pools. The FrogLog provides an escape ramp for lizards, chipmunks, squirrels, mice, birds, bats, ducklings, and other small animals.
I need to make something similar for my parents’ pool!